Most Frequently Asked Questions

Should I get a Pest Report?

Answer -Yes. Recent experience has shown 1 in 3 houses is in some way affected by termite infestation. It is important that a thorough Pest Inspection is undertaken to ensure there are no termites present or that there is no pest damage to the timbers or structures.

Should I obtain a Building Report?

Answer- Yes. It is important that a Building Report be obtained to ensure that the property being purchased is structurally sound and not in need of repair.

Should I obtain a Survey and Compliance Certificate from Council?

Answer -Yes. A Survey will identify the property the positioning of the premises upon the block and the fact that there are no encroachments upon the property or by the structures upon the property upon neighbouring land. The Survey will also indicate whether Council's ordinances have been complied with as well as any restrictive covenants.
A Compliance Certificate will confirm that any structures upon the property, extensions and/or swirnming pools comply and/or are approved.

Is the GST payable on the purchase of a home?

Answer- Generally speaking no. However, there are some exceptions. If there have been substantial renovations a GST will apply to those renovations. The GST will apply for property if it is new residential.
To be sure as to whether a GST will apply in respect to the purchase of a particular property you should consult a Solicitor or an Accountant.

For more information or enquiries please contact us.